modification attorneys GAThere are occasions when situations change for one party or the other. If a divorce decree or other domestic decree is based on one situation (employment, sole proprietorship, etc) and the situation changes (the job is lost, the business goes under, etc), then the court may grant a modification. When events change in life, it is important to let the court know to avoid a contempt charge, which can result in jail time. Without a modification, both parties will continue to be obligated to comply with the original decree.

A modification can be based on a change in circumstance of either party. In a custody modification, the argument is over a change in the best interest of the children or the election of a child on his/her fourteenth birthday.

To speak with one of our family law attorneys about a modification, call 770-461-2025.

Our Locations Call 770-461-2025 for an in-office consultation at no charge to discuss your rights and legal options.